Used to Microsoft Word’s style of creating a single document with different page orientations (portrait/landscape), I was having much trouble doing the same in OpenOffice Writer.
In Word, you could insert a new section, and go to Page Setup to switch the section page orientation to landscape.
In Writer, a section has a different meaning, although it could be used for columns as well.
To do the same in Writer, you have to:
- ‘Styles and Formatting’ box, click ‘Page Styles’.
- Right click on ‘Default’, select ‘New’.
- Name it ‘Default Landscape’.
- change the ‘Next Style’ to ‘Default Landscape’.
- Click on the ‘Page’ tab and set the orientation to Landscape.
- Click ‘OK’.
- Create another style called ‘Default Portrait’, this time setting the orientation to Portrait.
Now you can switch orientation by inserting a page break and selecting a different page style.